What We Collect
We may collect the following information from you:
Personal Information that we collect from you at the time of registering as a Registered User on the Website may include the following:
- your name, gender, phone number, address, email address, preferences, income and other personal likes and choices.
- Financial Information which may include credit card details, debit card details, payment instruction details or other information for the purposes of completing a transaction or payment on the Website.
- Registered Account Information includes all information pertaining to your Registered Account, including your user ID, password, security questions and the like.
- Registered Account Transaction Information which includes all information pertaining to your Registered Account activity, Services ordered, payments made, orders refunded, cancelled, modified and the like and communications pertaining to the same.
- Navigation Information including information about the pages you visit when availing of the Services, Service Providers viewed by you and the like.
- Communications with third parties or other Users on the Website, including on forums, discussion boards and blogs.
- Log Information which includes technical log information such as your IP address, browser type, location, language, dates and times of visits and other web requests.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We also reserve the right to ask you, at the time of registration with the Website or thereafter, for documentary proof of your identity or other data or postings provided by you with respect to the registration or otherwise. In the event that you fail to provide us with this information or documentary proof, we reserve the right to refuse registration or to terminate your User Agreement immediately, cease the provision of Services to you and / or restrict your use of or access to the Website.We use such Non-Public Information to help us provide the Services, to improve the Website and the quality of Services provided to Users and further as provided below. We do not sell Non-Public Information to third parties and will use it only in accordance with this policy.
In the event that the User participates in any public forums on the Website, including discussion boards, blogs and comments, any information that a User may disclose with respect to a bid that the User may call for with respect to the availing of Services from Service Providers (including information on the nature of the Shipment), then the User acknowledges that all such information disclosed at such times (including Personal Information disclosed, if any) shall be considered Public Information and may be accessed by third parties. We shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such disclosure or use by a third party of information so disclosed.
The User further grants to HipShip a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-license able (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all copyright and publicity rights, to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, publish, translate, sublicense, copy, distribute, have distributed, and promote the Public Information in whole or in part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any existing or future media, known or unknown, over such Public Information.
HipShip makes no representation as to providing or storing back-up copies of any information submitted to it. The User shall be solely responsible to ensure that the User maintains back-up copies of such information and in the event of the Website malfunctioning or failing for any reason whatsoever (including on account of maintenance), the User may be required to resubmit such information.
Warranty by a User of Information Provided by a User
No User shall provide any false, deceptive or misleading information on the Website or to HipShip under any circumstances whatsoever. The User shall also ensure that if there is any change in any information or details provided by a User at the time of creation of a Registered Account or otherwise, the User shall promptly update HipShip/Registered Account of such change, as the case may be, and continue to keep all information updated and correct at all times.
A User shall ensure that before posting any information on the Website or submitting the same to HipShip, the User has all necessary rights, ownership, authorization or permissions to submit or share such information on the Website or with HipShip (including from HipShip of Intellectual Property rights in such information, if any), or to otherwise act on behalf of any Person whom the User purports to act on behalf of.
HipShip may remove, in its sole discretion and without being obliged to give notice or reasons, any information submitted on the Website in the event that such information does not comply with laws, rules or regulations for the time being in force, or if the same violates HipShip’s policies or rights of third party Persons, which otherwise violates or does not comply with the Terms or which HipShip deems is otherwise inappropriate.
What We Do With the Information We Collect
We require the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide the Services agreed to under the Terms and Conditions of Use and improve the quality of Services we provide.
- Your financial information will be used to process payments for Services or other dues to us, where applicable.
- To ensure that you are adhering to the User Agreement.
- Internal record keeping.
- To regulate and manage our relationship with you.
- We may use the information to analyze site usage.
- To comply with applicable laws or requirements.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new Services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided or for displaying advertisement banners relevant to your interests.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the Website layout and experience according to your interests.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about Service Providers and other third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- Information of a general nature or information required in connection with the provision of the Services may be revealed to third parties.
- We may use the data in an aggregated/compiled form to produce statistical/demographic analyses for marketing, strategy and other business purposes. However, these will be used in ways that will not be able to identify you. Such aggregated information and results/analyses shall be our property and you will not be entitled to any compensation for the use thereof.
- For creating social media connections
- Resolving disputes between Users inter se or Users and Service Providers, in the event that we choose to be involved for any reason in such dispute.
You agree that you have no objection to the above.
You also acknowledge that other Users will have access to the Public Information posted by you in public areas, discussion boards, blogs and forums on the Website while availing of the Services. While all Users are bound by certain obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Use not to use such information except for their personal and internal purposes and not to misuse the information, you agree that you have no objection to such Users accessing, downloading or making copies of such information for their personal or internal purposes, and you release HipShip from any liability for any information submitted by you to the Website and accessed, downloaded or used by another User for any reason whatsoever or a violation of any obligations by another User.
HipShip, as a policy, believes in full cooperation with law enforcement authorities and agencies. Accordingly, if the disclosure or monitoring of any information provided to us is mandated under the law in force in India for any purpose, for complying with a legal obligation, including verifying identities, prevention of cyber crimes and prosecution of offences, then we shall be bound to disclose as much information as is necessary or mandated in compliance with applicable laws in India. We may also use disclose or monitor such information to enforce our own rights, including to secure our systems.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Financial Information - Once a credit card, debit card or other payment transaction has been completed, all credit card, debit card, payment instructions and/or other financial information is moved off-line only to ensure that the credit card, debit card and/or financial information received is not accessible to anyone after completion of the on-line transaction and to ensure the maximum security.
However, we shall not be responsible for data theft or any other unauthorized access or use of such information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest or to other third party sites, such as payment gateways. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Non-Public Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Non-Public Information in the following ways:
You will be given the option to agree to receive information and communications on marketing and promotional offers. If you do not wish to, please make the appropriate choice.
If you have previously agreed to us using your Non-Public Information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the option of not providing information to us or to, at a later date, withdraw your consent given to us regarding the information. However, this shall be subject to the following:
Any withdrawal of consent shall be given to us in writing by letter, or by e-mail with an electronic signature, addressed to email@example.com
In the event that you do not give your consent or subsequently withdraw your consent, we shall have the option of curtailing, restricting or stopping the Services or access to the Website to you without prejudice to our other rights.
Such withdrawal of consent shall take effect only from the date on which such communication in writing reaches us (“Effective Date”).
You also acknowledge that we will need a reasonable time of 5 days to delete the information given by you from our records and to ensure that the same is not used further.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or if you observe any other discrepancies or have any other grievances with respect to the information that you have provided or the processing thereof, please write to or email us as soon as possible to our Grievance Officer, whose details are given below: